ABTA LifeLine’s Big Charity Week 23 -27 September
ABTA LifeLine’s Big Charity Week was a great success raising around £15000 for the charity.
This was the second time that ABTA LifeLine held its Big Charity Week. A postcard campaign ran in the lead up to the week and a ‘how to get involved’ guide was sent round as many Members and contacts as possible.
Here is a selection of events that went on during the week.
• Midcounties Cooperative Travel collected 20ps in large smartie tubes, each tube containing £10 when full. They also launched a new initiative. Employees will be giving £1 for each familiarisation/educational trip they go on in the future
• Shearing’s held a week of fundraising, from indoor golfing putting competitions, to baking and other games!
• TUI held a ‘lunch for your LifeLine’
• Wexas , Great Rail Journey’s and Global Travel Group dressed down for a day
• ABTA held a cake bake, a dress down day and paper tossing!
• Individuals got involved. Marie Matthews and the facilities team from TUI cycled Luton to Coventry - on an exercise bike in the office - and have raised £2000 so far!
• Yorkshire and North Midlands ABTA region had a day at the races and raised funds for LifeLine
• The annual ABTA LifeLine dinner was attended by 120 people from across the industry raising funds through an auction and grand prize draw
A huge thank you to all those Members and individuals who participated. Your help and contribution will make a real difference to people in our industry, people who through no fault of their own have fallen on hard times.