It is fair to say that life in travel has been fairly challenging over the last couple of years. And in difficult times there are more people to help. Now with the cost of living crisis we have never more been needed. Applications for support are on the rise; people struggling to pay their bills and put food on the table.
It has also been a difficult time for the charity being solely dependent on the travel industry to help raise funds, and now with applications quickly increasing, we need your support more than ever.
This is why we are delighted to back at The Travel Convention this year. The Convention is the biggest fundraiser for the charity in the annual calendar. It gives us the opportunity to promote the important work that we do supporting vulnerable travel colleagues, as well as raise those vital funds.
This year you have an opportunity to support LifeLine in a number of ways:
1. Ride for your LifeLine - On Monday 10 October, brought to you by Intrepid Travel in partnership with Avis Budget Group, you can explore the city of Marrakech, cycling with one of Intrepid’s female tour guides. The ride will finish with a delicious lunch made from local ingredients
2. Golfers - You will have an opportunity to enter into your own prize draw at the golf to win a fabulous prize!
3. Grand prize draw - buy a raffle ticket in Marrakech to be in with a chance of winning a fabulous prize including a Mulberry, Mini Bayswater, heavy black grained handbag worth £750!
4. Bid for some awesome prizes in our auction including a 7 night all inclusive stay to St Lucia or Barbados thanks to Resort Marketing International and Sungroup Hotels, and gin or wine tasting for up to 40 people kindly donated by Kennedys Law
5. Pledge to our £2 per employee campaign. Simply donate £2 for every employee. No matter how big or small your company all those £2s added up will make a real difference to the lives of people in our travel community struggling right now.
Anything you can do to support LifeLine and travel community would be amazing. We look forward to seeing you there!