We are very much aware of the impact on mental health caused by:
- Financial stress – lack of funds, debt, benefit support
- Uncertainty – loss of job, reduced hours, being furloughed
- Redundancy – lack of self-esteem and confidence, worry about paying the bills
- Relationship break down
- Bereavement among other things.
ABTA LifeLine has teamed up with The Centre for Crisis Psychology (CCP)
to provide you with mental health and well being support; intervention when it really matters. And together with TTG Media, we have set up a mental health champion network
for those wanting less formal counselling.Mental Health Champion Network - meet the champs
ABTA LifeLine and TTG Media have joined together to set up a mental health champion network to provide peer to peer support to travel colleagues.Our volunteers have undergone mental health first aid training with St John Ambulance. They are there to provide a friendly ear and to direct you to more specialist support if you so need. In particular our volunteers understand the pressures that colleagues have been under over the last 3 years.
If you are in need of a someone to talk too we have champs trained and ready to listen including:Chris North
- Chris has held regular talks and coffee mornings with industry colleagues during the pandemic, especially homeworkers, and through Get Travel Talking wants to “shout from the rooftops that it’s OK not to be OK”.
You can contact Chris here.Tony Mann
- Managing Director, Idle Travel. Tony recognises that mental health is not necessarily visible, but it can be debilitating and creep up on you very quickly. Again he understands the pressures everyone in travel has been through over the last couple of years.
You can contact Tony here.
- Founder and Director of TravelTime World, Jackie represents those small travel agencies that don't have in house mental health expertise. During covid she supported colleagues that really struggled with their own mental health. You can contact Jackie here
Do get in touch with them. They are there and happy to help where they can.
We have further champs currently being trained. More details to follow soon.Counselling support
ABTA LifeLine can also provide more intensive counselling support if required.
Our partner CCP has extensive experience of working in the travel industry. Not only do they help with trauma care they also provide private and confidential counselling to support a range of mental health issues. So whatever mental health support you need, their experienced team will be able to help you. For more information about CCP and what they do, please visit their website.Eligible applicants will have direct telephone access to clinicians, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to support them.
Applicants must first utilise their company's employee assistance programme if they have one, and also demonstrate they are suffering financial hardship and unable to fund the cost of the service themselves.
To apply, please fill out our on line application form
. If you have a Doctor’s note or medical evidence
to explain your current situation this would be beneficial.
For more information about how CCP process personal data please see their privacy notice
.Further information - Mental health helplines
Whether you're concerned about yourself or a loved one, there are also helplines and support groups that can offer expert advice. For further information, please visit:NHS
Mental Health Foundation