How we can help you at this time 

Please check your eligibility before applying. You must have worked or be working for an ABTA Member or be engaged in the sale of ABTA products. You will need to supply evidence that you have worked for the ABTA Member. The online application form itself does not screen out non members. If in doubt please email

If you have applied for support and not heard back from us please check your spam folder, email or call 020 3693 0170

If you have been made redundant, furloughed or self employed and are struggling to manage during the pandemic we are here to support you. From helping you buy essential groceries, to debt and benefit advice, payment of priority bills, redeployment and wellbeing support, we will do what we can to help you and your family in your time of need. 

Please note we are still accepting applications from those not directly affected by Covid-19 but may be struggling financially due to a change in circumstance, unexpected event, health or disability issue. etc. 

We can support you with:

1. Emergency food vouchers - for immediate relief, essential grocery shopping

2. Urgent financial advice on debt, budgeting and benefits - through our partner Citizens Advice Manchester (CAM)

3. In certain cases, crisis grants to help with priority bills such as rent, mortgage, utility and council tax 

4. Mental health support - through our partner The Centre for Crisis Psychology (CCP) - please visit our mental health page

5. Redeployment support - if you wish to change career or bridge the gap until travel opens up again we can help you redeploy into other hiring sectors such as retail, health and social care, funeral care and logistics through our partner People 1st International. Please visit our redundancy/redeployment page.

Applicants (apart from mental health support) will need to demonstrate financial hardship. We kindly suggest applicants look at the following steps before applying:

1. Check your/family benefit entitlement - You can go to your local Citizens Advice or call their 'help to claim' benefits telephone service on 0800 1448 444. You can also visit their website that gives further details on benefits and budgeting 

If you are struggling to get the right benefit advice, or believe your benefits are not correct, with your consent we can refer you to our partner Citizens Advice Manchester (CAM) who can give you the expert help you need. In some cases they can act on your behalf. 

2. If you/family have debts, seek advice from your local Citizens Advice or contact a debt agency such as StepChange 

Or with your consent we can refer you to our partner Citizens Advice Manchester (CAM). 

3. Speak to your bank and other creditors to see if they can give you a holiday from your payments

4. Go through your budget. Are there any items that you can suspend or stop whilst you are struggling? Again please refer to the free budgeting tools  available

5. Are there any family members that can help you?

Also, do take a look at some of the further advice available on payment holidays, mortgages, credit cards, rent, car loans, IVAs etc. 

(Please note, we provide these links as possible support tools and have no responsibility for the accuracy of the information)

If you have explored the above steps and need financial support you can complete our online application form at the bottom of this page.  We are currently NOT accepting applications by post.

Please ensure you have the following governance documents ready to attach (blanking out personal details such as account numbers for your own security) as you will not be able to save your progress: 

  • Documentation to confirm you work or worked for an ABTA Member
  • Recent bank or building society statement for all household accounts - with your address on 
  • Confirmation of redundancy, self employment (dates) furlough, reduced hours
  • Confirmation of the benefits you receive (e.g. official letters, bank statements, GOV.UK)
  • Confirmation of your liabilities and debts, copies of outstanding priority bills or statements such as rent/energy/ council tax/ water.

We appreciate this is a long list, but the more information you can provide us, the quicker we can review your case and assess the best way to help you.

Please be aware you email/send documents at your own risk.

The process

Once we have received your application we will come back to you with any further questions after which your case will be considered by the Trustees who will decide if we can help and in what capacity.

We will do our very best to assess your application as soon as we can, but please be mindful that these are very challenging times with many people seeking help.

The application form itself is not a guarantee of help. Each application will be treated on a case-by-case basis and will be individually assessed. 

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us at or call 0203 693 0170.

Once you have applied, please check your SPAM folder before contacting us if you have not heard anything. Our form has been created on Jotform so please look out for the emails from and 

Apply - Online Application Form

Further information

For guidance and support visit 

For employees visit

For self employed

Keeping COVID-19 under control 

We are still not fully aware of how the coronavirus is spread. Based on similar illness it has been deduced that COVID-19 can be spread through cough droplets. *There are easy measures that can be taken in order to avoid catching or spreading the virus further:


  • wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
  • always wash your hands when you get home or into work
  • use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
  • cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
  • put used tissues in the bin straight away and wash your hands afterwards
  • try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell


  • Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean.

*Source content -

Symptoms and NHS Advice

It is useful to note the symptoms of the Corona Virus; a cough, high temperature and/ or shortness of breath. These symptoms alone do not necessarily indicate you have the Corona Virus however you may consider calling 111 to seek advice. If you suspect you may have caught the virus, please stay at home and avoid close contact with other people. Do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital (you will run the risk of spreading the virus further to other potentially more vulnerable people). The 111 coronavirus service will tell you if you need to continue to stay at home (self-isolate) or if you need medical help. Communicate with your employer your plans and potential absence. Some workplaces will arrange work-from-home facilities however this is completely dependent on the job role.

For more information on how the NHS is dealing with the Corona Virus and what actions they suggest you take please see their dedicated COVID-19 Webpage.